Re: LYNX-DEV NSL-FORK/CLONE

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV NSL-FORK/CLONE
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 15:06:38 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Ryan Nielsen wrote:

> if it compiles ok but doesnt work try using the attached clone.c.
> it seems that the clone() in glibc 2 (at least the one in redhat 5) does not
> work the same as in my linuxppc glibc.

Well, I in fact use Redhat 4.2 with libc 5.3.12-18.2. With your patch it
compiles for me until the final linking phase:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I.. -I./chrtrans -I..
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation
-DNSL_CLONE  -DLINUX   -o lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o LYEdit.o
LYStrings.o LYMail.o HTAlert.o GridText.o LYGetFile.o LYMain.o
LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o LYUtils.o LYOptions.o LYReadCFG.o
LYSearch.o LYHistory.o LYForms.o LYPrint.o LYrcFile.o LYDownload.o
LYNews.o LYKeymap.o HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o
LYUpload.o LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o
LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o LYMap.o LYCookie.o LYExtern.o
LYStyle.o LYHash.o  UCdomap.o UCAux.o UCAuto.o
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a -lz -lslang -lm
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTTCP.o): In function `HTParseInet':
HTTCP.o(.text+0x3a1): undefined reference to `clone'

When I tried to include your clone.c into HTTCP.c, it compiles fine, but
then the name server lookup interruption doesn't work either. :-(

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden