Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:36:36 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Jan Hlavacek said:

> I don't understand why frames don't have alt atributes like images.
> Lynx could use those alt texts instead of cryptic frame names when
> provided.

Check HTML 4.0.  It was in there the last time I looked.

There is a subtle distinction to be observed, however.  A frame
can have successive loads of content placed in it by activating
anchors which have a TARGET set to that frame.  OTOH anybody
actually wishing to make the visitor at home in their frameset
will have an articulable function that each frame performs,
through whatever replacements get filled into it.

-- Al