Re: Removed NSL_CLONE (was: Re: LYNX-DEV ac #109)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: Removed NSL_CLONE (was: Re: LYNX-DEV ac #109)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:53:12 -0500 (EST)

> On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> > * remove NSL_CLONE - didn't build. - TD
>
> Well, it does build with the last patch sent in.. But I wasn't able to
> make it work. I'm probably doing something wrong.
yes/no - if it'd build w/o tinkering, I'd leave it in for people who want
to experiment.  But when I grep'd to see why it didn't build (on _my_
machine), it was pretty apparent that different versions of Linux will have
different sets of symbols for 'clone()'.  It was looking too much like a
feature (not a bug fix), so I dropped it to avoid distraction.  (Probably
after 2.8, unless I get outvoted).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden