Re: LYNX-DEV Re: todo-list question

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: todo-list question
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:10:41 -0500 (EST)

> > 3) Internalisation / Character translation
>
> I don't believe either of these is "done."
>
> The "Internalisation" work done by the Chebucto Community Network people
> is being put on hold, a real tragedy; c.f.,
>    Linkname: LYNX-DEV Who to send feature addition patches to?
I looked at little at this, but there wasn't enough in the sample to
evaluate -- however that'd be a new feature (we can keep on delaying a
release, but that in turn lessens the motivation of people to work on
a subsequent release).

> "Character translation" needs fine-comb debugging and tweaking,
> and it seems the only one really capable of that is Klaus.
Perhaps - but let's try to move forward : seeing a workable program
will get some interest from people who might want to improve it.
(A lot of people simply won't look at lynx unless we declare it to
be an "official release).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden