Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: "user Agent: mozilla 3.0 compatible" no-workee
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 19:48:52 +0900 (JST)

> 3) there are already fallback mechanisms in the frames specification, even
>    if Navigator 4 doesn't recognize Netscape's own <NOFRAMES> tag!!
[...]
>    access to navigation, etc., on all pages.  Navigator doesn't suppress
>    the contents of <noframes>.)

Are you saying "reverse-descrimination" pages, e.g. http://163.51.110.11/
lynxdev/index.html, won't work anymore?  I only have Netscape 2.01, but
don't really want to "upgrade" to Navigator 4 to find out.  However, I'm
curious as to how they present (or offer) both <FRAMESET> and <noframes>
content at the same time.

> a better browser".  It is probably unreasonable to expect authors of
> such pages to use alt text even if it were available.

Isn't that the truth.  And why do people put that advertising garbage
on their pages?  I mean are they trying to brag that they own stock in
Netscape, or what?  BTW, are "frames" even HTML?

__Henry