Re: LYNX-DEV Re: todo-list question

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: todo-list question
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 18:00:34 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Jim Spath wrote:

> > >2) sending trace output to a file
> > Trace is one of the features that doesn't yet work in the DOS and
> > Win32 ports.
>
> I've modified the todo-list to show this as partly done, as well as
> indicating mostly harmless 8.3 file name compliance.

In what way doesn't trace work in DOS?  As long as TRACE_LOG is set TRUE
in userdefs.h, or lynx is invoked with -tlog (if not compiled in from
userdefs.h), trace works fine. Since DOS doesn't redirect stderr well, I
think that the distributed DOS binaries were compiled with TRACE_LOG set
to TRUE.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman