Re: LYNX-DEV Bugfix for DOS (version ac-0.108)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bugfix for DOS (version ac-0.108)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 07:18:09 -0500 (EST)

> On 23 Jan 1998, Hasan Karahasan, DJ2xt wrote:
>
> > This problem exists since pdc2.3 has been used to create lynx386. It does
> > not
> > exist with pdc2.2. In pdc2.3 ^c and ^break are not handled correctly. I have
> > reported this to some responsibles here in the list several times. But they
> > eighter are not interested in solving this or they don't believe me. They
> > have
> > answered that this was a problem only occuring on a german keyboard layout.
> > Therefore it could not be reproduced on an us keyboard. What experts !!!
> > Well,
>
> I am not sure that we have any PDCurses experts on the list.  I made a
I'm not.  I've built/run the examples a dozen times or so, and looked
a few times at the logic to compare it with ncurses, but haven't used
it for anything in development for 2-3 years.  But I've started looking
at the possibility of building a test-version of Lynx on my pc at work --
but development time is scarce, so it'll have to be something that is simple:
I'm not sure how the networking stuff fits into the environment that my
pc is running (I have djgpp, but that seems to apply only to ppp on a 386,
have Visual C 4.1 with winsock - but that doesn't match the other choices).

> I joined the PDCurses mailing list shortly after making the patch I
> mentioned above.  In the past several months there has been exactly one
> post to the list, from Wayne Buttles about lynx and PDCurses.  There
> doesn't appear to be much public development.
that's my impression - it doesn't seem to be changing very rapidly.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden