LYNX-DEV How to send mail in Lynx for DOS?

From: Tore Johnny Braatveit
Subject: LYNX-DEV How to send mail in Lynx for DOS?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:22:14 +0100

Hi,

I am using the latest version of Lynx for DOS, issued on 18th of January
this year.  I have followed the development of the DOS 386+ port of Lynx
for some months, and I am mainly very pleased with the program.
However, there are a few things that still does not work properly.
Sendmail is one of them.

I am told Lynx which editor to use, and the 'e' command works fine on
local files.  However, when I try to goto a mailto:  URL, og open one,
everything works great until the editor should be invoked.  That does
not happen.  All I experience, is that the program shells to DOS, - AND
THAT'S IT!  Has anyone a good idea how to solve this problem?

I can of course use bobcat, but I feel it a little frustrating to all
the time have to choose Lynx-version according to which kind of URL I
want to go to. :-(((

Tore Johnny

--
    Tore Johnny Braatveit, Flaktveit, NORWAY
    E-mail: address@hidden,