LYNX-DEV Lynx sends ridiculously long Accept: lines (configuration probl

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx sends ridiculously long Accept: lines (configuration problem?)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 00:03:32 -0500

My copy of Lynx sends an 1300 character Accept: line in the HTML
dialogue.  Certain web servers choke on this and drop the connection,
producing an "Unexpected network read error" error message.  In
particular, the webserver built into Windows NT 4.0 (workstation, I
think -- it's not my box) has problems.

I am fairly sure this is a configuration issue on my end, but I've
been unable to find any documented way to fix it.  I don't want to
remove entries from my mime.types file.

version is 2.7.1; would upgrading help?

zw