Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus (was Problems with Patchomatic)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus (was Problems with Patchomatic)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:39:07 -0500 (EST)

980125 David Combs wrote:
> 980123 Philip Webb wrote:
> > Klaus disappeared suddenly 971202 while in the midst of development.
> > the best guess is that he was called away to care for a sick parent
> > & the date of his return is probably quite unknown even to him.
> > TD has been most competently playing Atlas since then.
> Uh, how do we know ANYTHING about Klaus?
> Did he ANNOUNCE that he would be away --
> or could something horrible have happened TO him?

 finger  just now gives:

[tezcat.com]
Login name: kweide                      In real life: Klaus Weide
Directory: /home4/kweide                Shell: /usr/local/bin/bash
Klaus Weide (kweide) is not presently logged in.
Last seen at xochi on Tue Dec  2 15:49:53 1997 from kweide.tezcat.co
New mail since Sun Jan 25 16:45:25 1998.
Has not read mail for  2:33:33.
No plan.

look in the Archive for 9801 for the thread `Klaus', which i started,
where i went thro' the evidence.
a sick parent is a guess, but fits the known facts very well;
Klaus himself has never cared to explain his absences,
tho' he did predict he would need to be away from around Christmas.