Re: LYNX-DEV ac #110

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac #110
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:33:56 -0500 (EST)

"T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>* include userdefs.h in LYCurses.h to address redefinition warnings for
>  curses-related configuration. - TD
>[...]

        I tried building -110 on VMS with DECC, with the redefinition
problem reportedly solved (it is).

        You still need to the expand the header search list, as Brian
Tillman reported long ago.  In libmake.com, change all lines with:

    /INCLUDE=([-.Implementation]) -

to:

    /INCLUDE=([-.Implementation],[---.src],[---.src.chrtrans],[---]) -

and in build.com, change all lines with:

           /INCLUDE=([-],[-.WWW.Library.Implementation])

to:

           /INCLUDE=([-],[-.WWW.Library.Implementation],[.chrtrans])

        In LYCurses.h, you removed the extern declaraction for mainloop()
in the for-VMS section of setup().  I presume you intended to move that
declaration to LYMainLoop.h, but didn't add a #include for that.  The
undeclared function warning is elimintated if you do, and that seems OK.

        In HTWAIS.c you removed the extern declaration for from_hex(),
so that gives a warning too.  It's declared in HTWSRC.h, but that
inclusion was commented out long ago, and the extern declaration added
instead, for reasons I don't remember, so I just put back the extern
declaration rather than uncommenting the header inclusion.

        It builds and runs with those changes, so VMSers can start field
testing the development code again.

                                Fote