Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:50:25 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Marc D. Williams wrote:

> Recently downloaded Lynx386 from fdisk.com and blynx tonight.
> Neither of these will connect to anything, at all.
> They look up the site, sit for a little bit and give a 'unable to connect'
> message.
>
> This is all the time regardless of various settings (wattcp.cfg).
> What is it that I may be missing? I'm stumped.

I presume that you are using a TCP/IP stack and packet driver that work
with other programs and that you have checked that the nameserver,
gateway, etc. are correct in WATTCP.CFG. I would suggest using the TRACE
mode (^T), to see what is happening internally. If you can't get it to
work, try sending us information on the TCP/IP stack and packet driver
and the batch file that you are using to run lynx. Also send the the
lynx.tra file. Be sure to remove any passwords and other sensitive data.

Could it be something simple, such as your nameserver being down or your
ISP temporarity losing connectivity with the net?
                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)