Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Marc D. Williams
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 23:06:00 PST8PDT

> I presume that you are using a TCP/IP stack and packet driver that work
> with other programs and that you have checked that the nameserver,
> gateway, etc. are correct in WATTCP.CFG. I would suggest using the TRACE
> mode (^T), to see what is happening internally. If you can't get it to
> work, try sending us information on the TCP/IP stack and packet driver
> and the batch file that you are using to run lynx. Also send the the
> lynx.tra file. Be sure to remove any passwords and other sensitive data.
>
> Could it be something simple, such as your nameserver being down or your
> ISP temporarity losing connectivity with the net?
>                                   Doug
> __
It doesn't seem to be the ISP in that all other clients work except
the 386 Lynx's. Usually I go to Bobcat if I can't connect with Lynx386
just to verify it's not me or the ISP.
Packet driver is dospppd (epppd in bootp emulation). Also tried it
with pppd. Also Klos and EtherPPP.

Here's the relevant portion of lynx.tra from Lynx386. BTW, two things
with blynx lynx. One is that trace log does not seem to work. One
lynx produced a file, the other didn't. Other odd thing is that
a mouse control program pops up when invoking blynx lynx. I have no
idea why or where that program is. Checked around in my path and
couldn't find it. No way it's built-in is it?

---- LYNX.TRA ----
HTParse: aName:http://www.yahoo.com/search/   relatedName:
HTParse: result:
Entered HTAnchor_findAddress
Anchor 19a100 with address `http://www.yahoo.com/search/' already exists.
HTAccess: loading document http://www.yahoo.com/search/
HTParse: aName:http://www.yahoo.com/search/   relatedName:file:
HTParse: result:http
HTParse: aName:http://www.yahoo.com/search/   relatedName:
HTParse: result:www.yahoo.com
HTParse: aName:http://www.yahoo.com/search/   relatedName:
HTParse: result:http
HTParse: aName:http://www.yahoo.com/search/   relatedName:
HTParse: result:www.yahoo.com
Looking up www.yahoo.com.
HTTPAccess: Can't find internet node name `(null)'.
Unable to locate remote host www.yahoo.com.
HTTP: Unable to connect to remote host for `http://www.yahoo.com/search/'
(errno = 6).

Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

HTAccess:  status=-29999
HTAccess: `http://www.yahoo.com/search/' has been accessed, No data loaded.
LYpop: address:file://localhost/c:/netdos/lynx32//lynx_boo.htm
     title:shareware.com searches
getfile: getting file://localhost/c:/netdos/lynx32//lynx_boo.htm

I figure the problem has to do with the "Can't find internet node name".

Marc
--
>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams
address@hidden         GTE
IRC Nick: Senshi        Channel: #dos  #IrcHelp
http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet Tools