Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: kifox
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 06:53:02 -0800 (PST)

>     _________________________________________________________________
>
>   [Prev][Next][Index][Thread]
>
>                      Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
>     _________________________________________________________________
>
>     * To: address@hidden
>     * Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
>     * From: "Marc D. Williams" <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 23:06:00 PST8PDT
>     * Sender: address@hidden
>     _________________________________________________________________
>
>> I presume that you are using a TCP/IP stack and packet driver that work
>> with other programs and that you have checked that the nameserver,
>> gateway, etc. are correct in WATTCP.CFG. I would suggest using the TRACE
>> mode (^T), to see what is happening internally. If you can't get it to
>> work, try sending us information on the TCP/IP stack and packet driver
>> and the batch file that you are using to run lynx. Also send the the
>> lynx.tra file. Be sure to remove any passwords and other sensitive data.
>>
>> Could it be something simple, such as your nameserver being down or your
>> ISP temporarity losing connectivity with the net?
>>                                   Doug
>> __
>It doesn't seem to be the ISP in that all other clients work except
>the 386 Lynx's. Usually I go to Bobcat if I can't connect with Lynx386
>just to verify it's not me or the ISP.
>Packet driver is dospppd (epppd in bootp emulation). Also tried it
>with pppd. Also Klos and EtherPPP.

It has to something you're overlooking, It could be that there's something
about the computer you're using that the complied version of Lynx386 you're
using doesn't like. I've used all three versions  using Lynx386 with
DOSPPPD v06 and I really haven't run into any problems like the ones
you're describing connecting to any sites with them. In fact I'm using
Lynx386 to send this reply with.

You might want to look at the following in your WATTCP.CNF file:

#       sockdelay       optional
#
#       sockdelay allows you to specify a specific amount of seconds that
#               Waterloo TCP will attempt to connect to a remote computer,
#               wait for data from a remote computer, and wait to accomplish
#               other miscellaneous networking tasks.
#       The default is 30 seconds, but may be set longer if you have an
#               especially slow connection.
#
sockdelay=30

#       domainto       optional
#
#       domainto allows you to specify a specific amount of seconds that
#               Waterloo TCP will attempt to lookup an IP.
#
domainto=60