Re: LYNX-DEV Question

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Question
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 98 09:01:08 EST

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:20:51 -0500,
Edward McGovern   <address@hidden> wrote:

>Does any Lynx browser work with Windows 3.1? The information that I
>looked at, on fdisk.com, for downloading Lynx version 2.7.2 only
>mentions it working with Dos, Win95 and WinNT. The info did mention that
>it would not work with Windows 3.11, but no mention of Winows 3.1. I
>would like to use it with Windows 3.1. Thank You!

Lynx is a text-only program, although in many situations it can call
other applications that use graphics or sound.  Although Lynx will
not work inside Windows 3.1 or in a DOS box under 3.1, Lynx/386 or
Bobcat can be used on a 3.1 computer by shutting down Windows and
running it from the DOS prompt.

I am a blind person, and use Lynx/386 over a token-ring network; it
runs rings around the Windows 3.1 browsers for speed and clarity of
presentation.

Feel free to ask more questions.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/