Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 06:59:50 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Marc D. Williams wrote:

> Since I can't figure any reason for these programs not to work I may
> have to abandon them. Testing and using DOS clients is what I do but
> I hit a wall with these programs. Definitely something on my end
> (since it works for others) but I can't figure it out.

As you said, there must be something conflicting with lynx. It would
probably be helpful to others if you could discover what that is. How
about starting with a clean boot to a minimal DOS system, only loading
any drivers actually needed to run the system and an environment at
least large enough to hold all the variables? If lynx runs on the
bare-bones system, then it is a matter of adding back each line from
config.sys and autoexec.bat, one by one, until lynx stops working.
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)