Re: LYNX-DEV More on SIGINT for DOS

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on SIGINT for DOS
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:26:08 -0500 (EST)

> >      * Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on SIGINT for DOS
> >      * From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
>

> [..]
> > I have at least one more patch before it's "stable" - I've been reviewing
> > the diffs against 2.7.2 with an intention of possibly ifdef'ing things
>
> IMHO, it is not good to do so on-the-fly,
> since diffs tends very large and people get problems with patch-o-matics.
> Such global space/tab/comments/EXP_CHARTRANS editing
> (which change no functionality) better do in one step...
yes/no - I'm doing it in as large chunks as I have time to manage (it's
not simply a matter of running 'indent' ;-).

> > to eliminate the remaining fragments of internal links when that code is
> > supposed to be inactive (the existing ifdef apparently turns it off, but
> > that isn't the same thing).  Then we can discuss whether to release it or
> > refine it.
>
> We should clean up chartrans stuff either.
Well, we can discuss that - perhaps we should make a detailed list of
things to do ('clean up chartrans' is a little vague for me).  But my
priority is to address Fote's concerns while not breaking any of the
features we've added (and this at least partly falls into that area).  If
we have additional things, they ought to go into the next release.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden