Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:28:18 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, dave mclean wrote:

> I ran into the same problem as Marc with Lynx ac.108. When I copied the
> wattcp.cfg file to the lynx directory as part of the bat file which starts
> Lynx the problem was solved. Perhaps an environmental variable would have
> done the same thing but I'm not sure which one it would be.

This should be in the README.DOS file, included with the binary if you
got a precompiled package.  If you compile it yourself, the environment
variable "WATTCP.CFG" needs to be set to the DIRECTORY in which
WATTCP.CFG resides.  Wayne's binary was compiled in the past to use
"WATCONF" in the environment rather than "WATTCP.CFG".  I am not sure
which is used in the current distribution.  I think that blynx386 and
the version that I have made available both use "WATTCP.CFG".
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)