Re: LYNX-DEV More on SIGINT for DOS

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on SIGINT for DOS
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:38:22 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> > DOS BREAK setting. It leaves the BREAK setting unchanged unless CTL-C or
> > CTL-BREAK is actually pressed (in which case BREAK is left ON).
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Since third party programs may require "break off"
> it is generally better to restore unchanged value on exit
> in any case.

I agree.  After spending several hours on the problem, I gave up.  I
can't figure out how to leave BREAK off after a SIGINT, using DJGPP and
the PDCurses2.3 library.  It seemed that to do this a different signal
handler would have to be used.  The libc info page warned that if that
is done the memory for the signal handler would have to be protected
against swapping.  Maybe someone who understands C, and the DJGPP libc
functions better (or the PDCurses functions better) can write the patch.
I think that I am at the limit of what I can do with the patch I
submitted. Perhaps I am missing the section of code that controls
exiting when CTL-C or CTL-BREAK is pressed.
                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)