Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:58:03 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Marc D. Williams wrote:

> Each of the three Lynx's I've downloaded mention different environment
> variables to use (like the above).
> I make sure I use HOME but the others mentioned are USER, HOSTNAME, LYNX_CFG,
> and a couple concerning the math copro emulator.

I think the only critical environment variables for the DOS port of lynx
are:
HOME - where lynx.rc is; also bookmark paths are relative to HOME
       This points to a directory

LYNX_CFG - where lynx.cfg is
           This points to a file name

WATTCP.CFG (or WATCONF) - where wattcp.cfg is
                          This points to a directory

TEMP (or TMP or LYNX_TEMP_SPACE) - where temporary files are stored
                                   This points to a directory

Another possibly useful variable to set:
PWD - downloaded files and printed files will be here
      This points to a directory

If you don't have a math coprocessor, emu387.dxe should be picked up
automatically if it is in your PATH, but varables can be set if the
automatic emulation doesn't work:

387=N
EMU387 - where emu387.dxe is
         This points to a file name