LYNX-DEV Re: YNX-DEV: require actual YES for Q cmd.

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: YNX-DEV: require actual YES for Q cmd.
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:54:13 -0500

From: "Brian Tillman, x8425" <address@hidden>
>My point is that you're off suggesting we use a tool that it Unix only to do
>something with Lynx, which is the premiere Web browser for VMS.  Didn't make a
>lot of sense to me.

And I think the original poster's point is that uniq and comm are not Unix
utilities - they just happen to be available on Unix.  If I remember correctly,
the first versions of these tools I ever saw were written in RatFor and
the book was written before Unix was even regularly available to anyone
outside the academic community.

The GNU software likewise is available on Windows, Mac, Unix, VMS, and
other OS platforms.  One need not suffer with a limited set of tools provided
by the vendor when so much free software that will compile and run on
the platform is available.