LYNX-DEV suggestion

From: Leiva Chappa
Subject: LYNX-DEV suggestion
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:15:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi there

  I have a suggestion for Lynx.

  Well the first thing I have to say is that I use Lynx because is fast.
However it happens sometimes that in a page that Iim reading there are too
many links. Therefore it is slow to pass for each link in order to get to the
last one. Another solution would be to use the search command, but this is
still
not fast enough. What I was thinking of is that if it is possible to activate
the mouse. My terminal has a mouse, and I can use Nestcape if I wanted, but
that's not my point, I want to use my mouse to open a link. This doesn't mean
in my opinion that one has to desactivate the keys, it's just an improvement.

  Another thing that would be useful is that I would like, sometimes, not
always, to open pictures from the web. I would like to say to Lynx that I want
to see a certain picture. I wish i could configurate it so that I can do it.

  My mail reader PINE has both characteristics, and I wished that Lynx had them
too. It would be very useful.

  It would also be useful if PINE recognized an internet address and opened the
link using Lynx, nut I guess that is not a suggestion for you. Anyway,
wherever you are, have a nice day.

Eduardo.