Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 15:21:55 -0500

How lucky for you that you asked!

From: Leiva Chappa <address@hidden>
> However it happens sometimes that in a page that Iim reading there are too
> many links. Therefore it is slow to pass for each link in order to get to
> the last one. Another solution would be to use the search command, but this
> is still

This feature is in there.  Check your lynx.cfg file - I see
that a control E, a hex 107 and 10B, and, in my personal lynx.cfg, a $
all send one to the last link in the HTML file.

> not fast enough. What I was thinking of is that if it is possible to activate
> the mouse. My terminal has a mouse, and I can use Nestcape if I wanted, but

Well, the good news is that, as far as I am aware, the latest development
version of lynx has this capability.  The bad news is that I have yet
to figure out how to get it to work with xterm or rxvt.

>  Another thing that would be useful is that I would like, sometimes, not
>always, to open pictures from the web. I would like to say to Lynx that I
> want to see a certain picture. I wish i could configurate it so that I can do
> it.

Good news again!  If you have a properly installed mailcap file, lynx will
start up the image viewer  you've defined .

>   It would also be useful if PINE recognized an internet address and opened
> the link using Lynx, nut I guess that is not a suggestion for you.

If you are using NO OTHER WWW BROWSER but lynx, I believe you can add

text/html; lynx -force_html %s; test=test -z "$LYNX_VERSION" -a -z "$DISPLAY"; \
        needsterminal

and pine should at least start up lynx if you are sent email that includes
an HTML attachment.  Pine changes need to go to that folk supporting
that tool.