LYNX-DEV ac #112

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: LYNX-DEV ac #112
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:29:44 -0500 (EST)

This also is a large patch (about 3/4 formatting, or 50% whitespace only).
The raw diffs are more than 1Mb.  But it finishes the alignment of overall
formatting, so I can contrast the two versions of Lynx more easily.

So we probably still have a problem with patch-o-matic.  (I haven't had
time during the week to work on that - perhaps in the weekend unless
someone else has time to troubleshoot it).

--> I'll make a list of the places where Klaus' code is significantly
    different from Fote's, so we can discuss what to do about it.  The
    other parts (color-style -- would be nice to get RP's input -- Win32
    port, autoconf are not currently an issue).

1997-04-05
* adjust formatting, comments & some messages in WWW files to simplify
  comparison with 2.7.2 version.  - TD
* Update SGML entity to Unicode table in HTMLDTD.c from ftp.unicode.org -
  lots of new entities, iso-latin-1 now included there (htmldtd.c).
  See also new files in test/ directory:  sgml.html and unicode.html.
  Tweak a few typos in test/*.html according to sgml.html - LP
* Cleanup iso01-iso09, cp866 tables against ones found at ftp.unicode.org
* Strip the fat from LYCharSets.c - unneccesary obsoleted tables removed
  and redirected to SevenBitApproximation table (ones which have unicode tables
  override it anyway, those for CJK had exactly the same tables as
  SevenBit..). - LP
* Remove obsoleted "Other ISO Latin" charset, which work *exactly*
  the same as "7 bit approximation" (tweaks UCdefs.h and LYCharSet.c)
  (See the note on 06-14-96 where it comes from). - LP
* Tweaks UCdomap.c and LyCharSet.c according to 2.7.2 for 1997-10-15 - LP
* add ifdef to HTFile.c to workaround conflicting S_IFIFO vs S_IFSOCK
  (e.g., on apollo, from a report by Dave Eaton <address@hidden>) - TD
* updated INSTALLATION (patch by HN) - TD
* modify DOS handling of CTL-C and CTL-BREAK handling for DOS to allow
  exiting via SIGINT when pressing CTL-C or CTL-BREAK regardless of the
  BREAK setting in DOS.  This leaves the BREAK setting unchanged unless
  CTL-C or CTL-BREAK is actually pressed (in which case it leaves BREAK
  ON) - DK
* add note about Lynx vs frames to User's Guide (from Al Gilman) - TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden