Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 18:26:19 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Leiva Chappa wrote:

> However it happens sometimes that in a page that Iim reading there are
> too many links. Therefore it is slow to pass for each link in order
> to get to the last one. Another solution would be to use the search
> command, but this is still not fast enough. What I was thinking of is
> that if it is possible to activate the mouse. My terminal has a mouse,
> and I can use Nestcape if I wanted, but that's not my point, I want to
> use my mouse to open a link. This doesn't mean

The answer to your question depends to some extent on the version of
lynx that you are using and the type of computer on which you are using
it. All recent versions of lynx allow numbering of links and forms.
This is controlled from the option screen (activated by the "o" key).
If you set "links are numbered", each link will have its own number.
Typing the number followed by <ENTER> will activate the link. Typing
the number followed by "g", followed by <ENTER> will move to the link
without activating it. You can move to different pages by the page
number followed by "p". This should solve the navigating problems.

Mouse support depends on the type of computer and the curses
implementation with which lynx is compiled. Mouse support is certainaly
available for x-windows under unix and for Microsoft Windows32. It is
not available with the DOS port. I think mouse support may be limited to
the development version of lynx.

> always, to open pictures from the web. I would like to say to Lynx
> that I want to see a certain picture. I wish i could configurate it so
> that I can do it.

Lynx can show pictures, but it depends on external viewers.  Configure
this in the VIEWERS section of lynx.cfg.  Once again your choices depend
on your operating system and the graphics viewers available there.

If you have further questions please reply to the lynx-dev list, with
details on the version of lynx and your operating system.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)