Re: LYNX-DEV Compilation error LYNX2-7-2 VAX VMS 7.1 DEC C 5.6 with

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Compilation error LYNX2-7-2 VAX VMS 7.1 DEC C 5.6 with
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 06:25:10 -0500 (EST)

> It might be a good idea to actually read the PROBLEMS file, since that
> detailed explanation of the problem and what to do about it still
> applies to the development code.
not having a VAX to test on, I am unable to do anything more than read it.
(I will not make changes that I cannot test-build, however people who are
actually trying to build on such a configuration are welcome to suggest
changes)

>       I just tried building -113 on VMS here and had no errors or
> warnings.  I haven't looked closely at the actual mods in it, and the
> block of time I had to play with Lynx got used up fixing bugs in v2.7.2,
> and in the CONNECT support (for proxying https URLs) in lynx272ssleay.zip.
> I don't know when I'll find another block of time, but let me warn you
> that some of those chartrans patches were misguided, based on inferences
> drawn from bugs in the development code's chartrans support.  They
details would be useful.  this isn't complete, yet (and won't be this week).

> further mask the bugs, rather than fixing them.  Also, the problem
> with the INTERNAL_LINK stuff was not just the inefficacy of the
> compilation symbol for not using it (see the 1997-10-26 entry in
> CHANGES.new), but in its invalid logic (see the verbose repetition of
again - details would be useful (what aspect invalidates the logic?)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden