LYNX-DEV problem with NSL_FORK?/core dump with ac0.110

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV problem with NSL_FORK?/core dump with ac0.110
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:00:47 +0900 (JST)

I consistently get an exit from Lynx with no messages and with a
core dumped when I hit return on a link to the following URL:
    "http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html";.

This is Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.110, linked to slang0.99-38, compiled
with gcc version 2.7.2, on SunOS 4.1.3-JL 1 sun4c.

I would like to report what might be a related problem.  I frequently
get an "Alert!" message on name lookups saying something like `cannot
connect to remote host'.  What is strange is that the name lookup fails
twice, but on the third try, always the third try, it succeeds.

Anyway the trace log of the core-dumping problem is appended.

__Henry

                Lynx Trace Log

LYpush: address:file://localhost/home/nelsonhe/.lynx/lynx-dev/ldev-idx.html
        title:Archives of the Lynx-Dev Mailing List
getfile: getting http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html

HTParse: aName:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html
relatedName:
HTParse: result:www.crl.com

HTParse: aName:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html
relatedName:
HTParse: result:
Entered HTAnchor_findAddress
Anchor 143620 with address
`http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html' already exists.
HTAccess: loading document
http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html
HTParse: aName:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html
relatedName:file:
HTParse: result:http
HTParse: aName:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html
relatedName:
HTParse: result:www.crl.com
HTParse: aName:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html
relatedName:
HTParse: result:http
HTParse: aName:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/about_lynx/about_lynx-dev.html
relatedName:
HTParse: result:www.crl.com
Looking up www.crl.com.
HTParseInet: NSL_FORK child 23078 exited, status 0x0.
HTParseInet: NSL_FORK child returns only 0 bytes.
             Trying again without forking.