LYNX-DEV Lynx frames and proxy-cache

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx frames and proxy-cache
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:48:08 +0300 (MSK)

Yes, Lynx support frames and we may follow src link normally.

But this is a great headache to navigate across frames,
especially if src links have their own frames
and net rather slow at the moment:
there is a noticeable delay while rendering each SRC
because it is not in a proxy-cache yet, opposite to GUI browsers.

Is there any solution within Lynx and HTTP 1.1
to send a series of requests for every frame link
(in background or by other means, I don't know)
so all those texts will be closer to recipient,
really on the way to the nearest proxy.
It is not a usual waste of bandwidth
with a series of images, but with readable texts.

Another solution may be in rendering all frame links
and preparing a fake document with HREF=#src1.html ...
but it looks rather complex within Lynx now
and have its own disadvantages.

Leonid.