LYNX-DEV Re: msg00160.html

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: msg00160.html
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 14:13:23 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> -DRAWDOSKEYHACK is not found in src/makefile.dos

You are correct.  It was in the patch I submitted on 8 February 1998,
but is not in the src/makefile.dos in the current distribution.  I
don't know how this occurred, but perhaps Tom can fix it with the next
version.

> BTW, this hack seems have in mind to map "alt-X" to "Q" (comments say so)
> but this behavior really not detected.

This works on a US keyboard. I suspect that your keyboard is using
different scan codes. If you are using PDCurses, it appears that the
scan code is picked up in "kptab" in PDCKBD.c, with "2D" mapped to
"ALT_X". "ALT_X" is then defined as the token "0x1b8" (decimal 440) in
curses.h. The RAWDOSKEYHACK looks for the token "440" when interpreting
"ALT_X". If this doesn't work for your keyboard, you may have to patch
kptab in PDCKBD.c so that the scan codes match your keyboard, if you
want the RAWDOSKEYHACK to work for you.

Since this code wasn't written by me, I may be misinterpreting how it
works.  I will send a copy of this email to the lynx-dev list.  Perhaps
someone there can shed more light on why this hack works for some
keyboards, but not others.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman