Re: LYNX-DEV non-interactive use of lynx?

From: Marc D. Williams
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV non-interactive use of lynx?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:51:00 PST8PDT

> > > This programm run only under Unix or there is one version for DOS?
>
> There is no version for DOS. I looked at the source code, but the main
> advantage of wget is to download either in the background or while you
> are logged out. Since you can't multitask in DOS, there really isn't an
> advantage that I see over "lynx -source". There is a program htget which
> may be similar available for DOS, but I haven't looked at it closely.
> Wget has the advantage of being quite configurable, and can be used to
> mirror a site.
>                             Doug
> __

I use htget whenever I'm told about where to get a file via http
but don't feel like navigating around a site or starting a browser.

Otherwise yep, doesn't do much else. Won't work with ftp URL's either
(I do believe wget does). You can use it for multiple gets but only
via a batch file.
Limited use but not bad. Transfers seem kinda quick.

Marc--
>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams
address@hidden         GTE
IRC Nick: Senshi        Channel: #dos  #IrcHelp
http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet Tools