Re: LYNX-DEV transparent background

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV transparent background
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 05:32:28 -0500 (EST)

> "C.J.LAWSON" <address@hidden>  wrote:
>
> C> Failing that does anyone know of how (and if it is
> C> possible) to interface the Lynx with the dircolors
> C> package
>
> It's possible to make Lynx recognize dircolors, I think.
>
> Currently not supported, We'd like to add the code to dired
> support routines.  Is it trivial?
not trivial (but probably not difficult).  as I stated, I do that (for
curses) in my directory editor (I did it in a few hundred statements), but
am not planning to do it for Lynx, since I am rather busy on the changes
needed for 2.8 (as with the default color changes suggested for slang, I'll
be happy to try to integrate patches - but that's not my priority:  it
would be fine it it went into post-2.8 work).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden