LYNX-DEV LYNX: ques re netscrape v exploiter

From: David Combs
Subject: LYNX-DEV LYNX: ques re netscrape v exploiter
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:47:26 -0800 (PST)

Don't know who else to ask (or how), so I'll our
own list.

My wife is building humongous web page.

Tells me of all these netscape plug-ins that so many
people seem to use.  She also tells me that when
such a page is run on exploiter, you get msg that
it cannot "do" that particular thing.

Here's my confusion:  I keep reading how m$ is
catching up to netscape, in amount of usage.

So, why does ANYONE use a netscape plug-in,
if that means that half (or whatever) of the
mkt won't be able to see it?

(BTW, I myself NEVER use netscape, only lynx,
except locally to display radio-station schedules
(tables), etc, that I have downloaded).

I know is off-subject for this list, but at least
I know you all will know the answer!

Thanks

David