Re: LYNX-DEV non-interactive use of lynx?

From: Personal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV non-interactive use of lynx?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:47:59 -0700 (MST)

Philip Webb <address@hidden> writes:

>980217 Scott McGee wrote:
>>
>> I found a version [of wget] on the net that runs under w95 and NT.
>
>like, WHERE?  (it's not a state secret, is it (smile)?)

Well, it's not a secret, I just don't remember. I found it by doing
a web search for wget and Windows 95. It is a port of the Unix
version and so looks and works exactly like the Unix version. It
is rather nice to have, though it runs much more slowly on my 200 MHz
AMD K6 running Win95 than on our Solaris box here at work! (hey, a
lot of that is modem versus network, but not all.)

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!
.]