RE: LYNX-DEV Supression of messages in Lynx

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV Supression of messages in Lynx
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:18:04 +0900 (JST)

> > > Simple one here (i think). ANyone know how I can suppress the
> > "GETTING
> > > FILE" message which displays while a file is being fetched? We use

Sort of like a motto, but if I can do it, anyone, and I mean anyone,
can do it.  Simply grep through the src directory (sometimes you need
to go into WWW/Library/Implementation) for the message string, find out
what the string is defined as, grep for that, and either change the
message string to your own needs or delete the code for printing the
message completely in whatever functions it shows up in.  Takes a
"c ignoramus" like me about 20 minutes.

__Henry