RE: LYNX-DEV Supression of messages in Lynx

From: Mark H. Wood
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV Supression of messages in Lynx
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:20:53 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > >do not renege on your obligation to make your source code public.
> >
> > There is no such obligation; under the GPL, a recipient of a derivitive
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Correct.  (But might I add, _only_ correct.)  It is my personal
> opinion that there is an obligation to the lynx-dev community and
> the Lynx user base.

Another way of saying this is that, if you want to be treated collegially
by other developers (that is, have them share their labor and insights
with you), you should do them the same courtesy.  We don't have a business
relationship, but a social one.  Sometimes that's hard to remember since
we're exercising it in a business setting, but it's true.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   address@hidden
One more time:  a (level-2) switch is a bridge.  A "level-3 switch" is