Re: LYNX-DEV Mail feature

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Mail feature
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:25:38 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Aaron Stone said:

> I'm using version 2.7.1, under Linux, and have gotten a few snyde
> remarks about my email. Finally, someone commented that my lines did not
> wrap, and then it occured to me: Lynx is not wrapping email!
>
> Has line wrapping been added since 2.7.1? If it has not been added at
> all, please forward this on to the development team, so it might find
> its way into a future version.

You can get the behavior you want by designating an editor that
does word wrapping.

Lynx is a cross-platform application and will thus have some
defaults that seem weird in some environments.

Lynx is not likely to implement a word-wrap option in the
built-in editor because it makes more sense for people to use an
external editor they like; people are too varied in their
preferences.

Al Gilman
http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ