Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:12:34 -0800 (PST)

I agree.  Maybe others agree too?

This current way it works seems like a REAL TRAP for
even the wary.

How about this: ALWAYS at least LOOK for a following-"=",
and IF it is there, then insist that the following
token (for bool items) is ON or OFF, and make THAT
value govern.

That would at least not break current uses.

Also it might be good to, on startup, when
there ARE options (WITHOUT the "=") of the type
that REVERSE the .lynxrc, etc, setting, that
lynx displays that in a beginning screen,
which displays either for a fixed amount of time,
eg 2 seconds, or until the user hits eg a return.

The current scheme of these reversing-options
doing something that SURPRISES the user, is unacceptable.

What do others think?