Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:14:44 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Thu Feb 19 18:59:48 1998
> From: Al Gilman <address@hidden>
>
> to follow up on what T.E.Dickey said:
>
> > I'll look at the code & think about it (am right now on other programs).
> > It may be simple, maybe not (there's a lot of repetitive code in Lynx
> > that makes details like this unnecessarily complex - if it's in that
> > category I'm not too interested in it).
>
> I count seventeen toggles among the command line switches mentioned
> in the lynx.cfg for 2.7.2.
>
> Al

Do all 17 reverse what MIGHT be set up in a FILE
(read at run time, or at compile time)?

It seems to me necessary that these cmd-line options have
the SAME EFFECT regardless of WHERE you run lynx.

Otherwise is equal to the effect of being able to
redefine "yes" to be "no", WITHOUT TELLING THE USER.

Is EXTREMELY user-antagonistic.