Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:09:02 -0800 (PST)

But there is also the "principle of minimal surprise".

Usually (in unix tools, anyway) such toggle reverses what
is set as default by a PROGRAM, which default is DOCUMENTED
in the man page.

The current case is different: it reverses not what is
set by a PROGRAM (and that setting documented); rather, it
reverses what is set in one or several RUN-TIME READABLE FILES.

That makes all the difference in the world, at least to me.