Re: LYNX-DEV Supression of messages in Lynx

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Supression of messages in Lynx
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 20:46:24 +0900 (JST)

> There does appear to be a misundertanding here, as reflected in other recent
> articles, that the GPL in some way guarantees that there will be one true
> Lynx

Exactly!  The very essence of the GPL, in my understanding, is that
a product can be molded, hacked, expanded upon, borrowed from to fit
any need under the sun.  The GPL guarantees that you can do with your
toy, to some a tool, whatever you want.  It does this by considering
the source an integral part of the product.  (Sorta makes people share.)

__Henry