Re: LYNX-DEV Is that misfeature still on?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Is that misfeature still on?
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:20:28 +0000 (GMT)

> Is that misfeature (was it introduced in 2.7.1)
> which disables whole form if there somewhere used
> FILE -input?

I think there is a risk that a web server that uses FILE may not be
able to cope with a x-www-urlencoded response, even though the HTML
rules say you can ignore things you don't understand (I'm not sure if
the encoding was in the original forms spec and therefore presumed
understood, but not necessarily implemented by all forms implementations).

Basically, the problem with files is that they imply MIME multipart

I think that parsing the response is likely to be be done by the application,
so it is quite likely that they will only handle the popular browsers.

Maybe the choice should be put on the user, but without the right response
format, a warning that they are wasting their time might be desirable.

You could always write the MIME multipart support for Lynx.