Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX v 10.20

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX v 10.20
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 22:00:50 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> Someone wrote:
> > our system administrators have begun upgrading the servers to
> > HP-UX version 10.20.  Under this version, lynx aborts, even
> > when I recompile it under the new operating system.

> it _could_ be problems with HP's curses (they apparently have more than
> one flavor available, and the default one doesn't work well).

Yep, sounds just like the symptom I got with the default curses (good name
for it <g>) on both HP-UX 10.10 and 10.20. You can swap to use the color
version that comes on HP-UX or ...

I have built HP-UX 10.10 and 10.20 binaries (using ncurses) for:
   lynx-2.7
   lynx-2.7.1ac-0.115 (just built 'today')

Both seem to run fine, though I don't have much mileage on the 'ac-0.115'
version yet ... was planning on holding off a 'report' until I had a few
more hours on it, oh, well.

BTW, the 'ac-0.115' version using 'configure' built like a champ ...
pretty much just 'pull the string and watch'. Since I build apps into the
now-standard /opt/apname 'suit', the commands I used were:

  export LIBS="-L/opt/ncurses/lib -lncurses"
  export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/ncurses/include"
  ./configure --with-screen=ncurses --prefix=/opt/lynx
  make
  make install
  make install-help

Lots easier that it used to be ... a *big 'thanks'* to the developers who
worked on getting this put together!

Now I'm trying to build 'ac-0.115' on HP-UX 11 (awaiting completion of a
load of all the parts needed) and fighting through trying to build that
version on Apollo Domain/OS 10.4.1.2 ... the Apollo version's not going as
smoothly this time :-( but if I get either of these going, I'll pass on
another note to this list.

Regards,
 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032