LYNX-DEV PASV, -DNOPORT, Linux, Slang

From: anderson
Subject: LYNX-DEV PASV, -DNOPORT, Linux, Slang
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 98 15:47:01 EST

I just subscribed to this list and can't find any archive of
what has gone before so I've got a question.

I was compling lynx-2.7.2 under Linux because I wanted to get
slang support.  I'm behind a firewall so I left the -DNOPORT
define in SITE_DEFS.  However, ftp failed to work.  I then
noticed that SITE_DEFS is not apparently used when building
WWW/Library/Implementation, rather, SITE_LYDEFS is.  When I
put -DNOPORT into SITE_LYDEFS ftp began to work as expected.

Did I do something wrong the first time?  I thought that the
default in the delivered Makefile was to use PASV, -DNOPORTS.

--
mark anderson
address@hidden