Re: LYNX-DEV Unable to connect to remote host.

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Unable to connect to remote host.
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:23:02 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Shanker Uma said:

>   How are you,
> I am getting error while starting lynx for remote host
> Alert ! Unable to connect to remote host .
> Ok please tell me what are the minimum variable to be set to run the lynx.
> I tested all the options here and there but no success.

You can learn more by using the trace function in Lynx.  Start
Lynx with a local file.  Then with trace on g)o to a remote file.
Review the section of the trace log leading up to the error
message above.

But you have an installation problem either in the networking
software installation or the interface between Lynx and the
networking software.

To help you diagnose this, people on this list would need to
know what version of Lynx you are trying to use, what your
operating system environment is, and the networking software
for the computer where Lynx runs.

Al Gilman