Re: LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 19:15:47 -0500 (EST)

> Since the new release seems to be beginning to materialize, I would like
> at this time to ask that the first paragraph of the top level README
> file be put back in.  (Klaus removed it because it was premature.)  I
> think it is important to make a statement, however unofficial, that
> the release is "official."
I remember the comment, but not well - and the 'README' files are similar.
Perhaps you mean a 'RELEASE_STATEMENT'?  (I just adapted the one from 2.7.1,
in case that's what you mean).

> At the same time the "Year 2000 Comliance" question could be answered
> in the README file.  It could be one sentence stating that it is compliant,
> perhaps with a reference to one of Fote's posts on the subject, e.g.,
on my list (though I did not agree with Fote -- Bela's comments are more
in line with my assessment: we'll fix the obvious problems, and find some
more that aren't).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden