LYNX-DEV Re: lynx patch

From: Louis-David Mitterrand
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: lynx patch
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:33:15 +0100

On Thu, Feb 26, 1998 at 01:04:42PM -0500, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Helen wrote:
> >
> > > here is my very own lynx2-7-2 patch ! It replaces the [LINK], [INLINE] and
> > > [IMAGE] comments (for images without ALT) with filenames of these images.
> > > I find it extremely useful, because now I can see immediately what images
> > > are just decorations (button.gif, line.gif) and what images are important.
> > > (of course, it is guessing, but usually it is very easy to guess).
> >
> > Great, thanks a lot! I always wanted this behaviour in lynx.. I hope
> > someone will incorporate this in the devel code..
> probably post-2.8 (I think one pass through y2k will be it - we'll certainly
> find more of these).

Just to say I love this patch as well. It makes me wonder: how come one
hasen't thought about a long time ago? One realizes [INLINE] and [LINK]
are totally uninformative and a waste of precious terminal real-estate
when you start using that patch... Bravo.

--

Louis-David Mitterrand
http://www.aparima.com