Re: LYNX-DEV Small patch to ac-0.115

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Small patch to ac-0.115
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 11:34:45 -0500

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 06:16:18 -0500 (EST), "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> said:
>correct me if I'm interpreting this incorrectly:
>this also - post 2.8 (since it relies on code we've not tested against).

   I can assure you that it will work.  The current release of slang
is 1.0.3 and if the user compiles slang against it, the variable
`SLsmg_Newline_Moves' will get used.  However, I am going to release
1.0.4 soon and `SLsmg_Newline_Moves' is nolonger used by the slang
library.  Thus without the patch, lynx will not compile against slang
1.0.4.  With the patch, it will compile fine with all versions of
slang from 0.99-3x.  So, more harm is done by not adding the patch,
and if a problem does arise, then it is with the slang library and not
lynx.

--John