Re: LYNX-DEV CENTER in PRE

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV CENTER in PRE
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 11:14:41 +0900 (JST)

> There are obviously different behaviors of the current lynx-dev and
> lynx2.7.2 concerning tollerance of bad html.
> Can someone explain this please?

You would need to go into the CHANGES files or review the archives
for "tag-soup parser" and "sorta sgml parser", if memory serves.
In the development code set there is a toggle to get one or the
other behavior,
"^V          SWITCH_DTD    switch between two ways of parsing HTML".
Personally, I like this switch, and hope it doesn't go away, because
it is a good teaching tool, but as has been stated before, the default
should really be the more powerful double-guesser code by Fote.

__Henry