Re: LYNX-DEV ac #117

From: dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac #117
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 07:28:59 -0500 (EST)

> > * add RELEASE_STATEMENT file. - TD
>
> Moan, worked so hard to get rid of that thing.  Oh, well.
I'm not firmly attached to it - what are the alternatives?

> > * change default for --disable-internal-links so it is normally-off - TD
>
> Just checking since the above does say "disable ... is normally-off";
Yes: the changelog's confusing, but the way I construct the configure --help is
to show --disable for options which are normally enabled, and --enable
for options which are normally disabled.  So the change affects the help
message and the option's default value.  The configure script recognizes
either form (though mentioning that would confuse even more people...).

> what you're saying here is that Klaus' follow internal links stuff is
> completely turned off by default (but we can still have it if we want)?
yes - though I expect that we will remove it during post 2.8 work, as
well as some other obsolete code.  (I would remove it now, but have had
the experience of breaking working code that way - it's too late in the
test-cycle to start that).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden