Re: LYNX-DEV CENTER in PRE

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV CENTER in PRE
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 11:06:11 -0500 (EST)

> Lynx should do its best to make sense of common inaccurate HTML out there,
> with a  -stricthtml  switch for those who are straight & narrow (smile).
From what I can see, the changes would best be done by making the
unstacking logic look to see if there was a balancing </pre> which might be
out of order.  That's what I plan to investigate - a hybrid of the
Fote/Klaus approaches.

2.7.2's code does something like that, but I did not see signs of the
bookkeeping which I would expect if 2.7.2 were doing exactly that - so
either I've missed that detail, or it uses a simplification which usually
amounts to the same thing.

In any case, that's post-2.8 work...

--
Thomas E. Dickey